[rollei_list] Re: Very OT: Going Dark

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:32:11 -0400

I know local stations operations very well, and know of no station
that wanted the digital conversion (except Bud Paxson, and he went
broke with his station group long before this day became a reality).

Digital was the concoction of the FCC and the set manufacturers, who
many years ago when this all started thought it could revitalize the
domestic industry. From a station POV, digital is the answer to a
question no one asked. Now, twenty years later, we have an answer to
that non-question...

Eric Goldstein