[rollei_list] Upcoming visit to Braunschweig

  • From: John Lehman <al7jj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 19:13:24 -0800

My wife announced at dinner the other night that given my 40-year-long devotion to Rollei cameras, we should make a pilgrimage to Braunschweig during our month as tourists in Germany this June. This is probably mostly a question for Ferdi, but I thought I'd send it out to the list in general: what is the current status of the factory, and are tours available (German language ones would be fine)? Also, does anyone know off hand which streetcar to take from the Hauptbahnhof and which stop? (I am assuming that the tourist information folks may be clueless - the English guidebooks certainly are -- we'll buy German ones as soon as we get to Cologne). Any other suggestions?