[rollei_list] Re: Two Rolleis and Velvia 100

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:36:14 -0300

I would like to add that Velvia 100 and Velvia 50 are different films,
Velvia 100 is closer to Provia 100F (neutral colors) since both films
use identical color correction layers. Velvia 50 fans asked Fuji to
re- introduce Velvia 50 after Fuji discontinued it because they did
not like Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F colors, the original Velvia 50 was
made with some unique materials that became very difficult and
expensive to obtain and then the film was discontinued, the "new"
Velvia 50 is made with other materials to replace the older ones,
these new materials have the same performance according Fuji.
Velvia 100 is a Provia 100F with warmer colors, however they are not
so warm and saturated like the Velvia 50 colors.
I think Fuji had good  commercial reasons to use the name "Velvia" for
the Velvia 100.

Carlos