[rollei_list] Re: "There is a 220 Rollei T" (was: Austinhas ... )

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:40:14 -0700

Marc,

One of your messages to us referred to a certain serial number range
of  "T"s with 220 capability.  Also see page 127 of Evans book
where he made the lie which people perpetuated. (220 film counter)

Actually, one CAN use 220 film in a T.   Here is how:

Load 220 film in normal manner,

After the 12th exposure, STOP do not wind the crank.

Put camera in changing bag or go in darkroom.

Open back  about 30 degrees., Then close it.

Counter will go to 0. Wind the crank till it stops at 1

Continue taking pictures till counter is at 12.  You
may not get a full 24 exposures 'cause there will be
a bigger gap between the 12th and the 13th frame.

This method won't work on the Auto Rolleis but
will on the "T". (and the later Rolleicords, I think)

The Auto Rolleis have a "feeler" that can be fooled
in another way.  Easier to put in one of Todd's
switches.

Jerry