[rollei_list] Re: The other Rollei, the true Rollei.

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:35:07 +0100

At 7:54 Uhr -0300 4.11.2009, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>The true Rollei company, the Rollei Fototechnik GmbH successor, the
>Rollei GmbH company, is working and it seems they have no problems,
>but they no longer manufacture cameras, photographic accessories or
>products linked to photography, they manufacture nothing; Rollei
>became a commercial company organized to license and to administrate
>the brand name Rollei and to distribute some of the products linked to
>the name Rollei that they license.

Just like Voigtländer (to which F&H {old} did the same after they took over
the fab from Zeiss Ikon). We're lucky that the Cosina guy picked up the
Voigtländer brand to label high-quality cameras and lenses - "Rollei"
labels mp3 players and usb sticks.

This is the New World - move production to China, and make a profit off the
"intellectual properties". Look at the New Zeiss Ikon, btw - it's the same
hollow construct.

>Rollei GmbH distribute consumer
>digital cameras and other digital products labeled Rollei,
>manufactured

Make that: repacked. I am pretty sure that the Chinese companies who build
the cheap digital p&s cameras offer custom "branded" shells.

>by RCP-Technik Gmbh & Co KG, I already commented they
>sold the Rollei-Metric System as a separated company, they have rights
>to distribute the Franke&Heidecke GmbH products and are the Rollei
>name owner for these products,

When the person who invested last into F&H {new} announced the company was
broke, he hinted at the fact that F&H was little more than the workbenches.
All rights to products remained with Rollei GmbH, tools and machines were
leased. Makes you think the fab was spun off to exactly that goal.

> they also licensed the Rollei name to
>several Maco films and chemical products; there are MP players using
>the name Rollei too.
>
>http://www.rcp-technik.com/typo3/index.php?id=rollei-home
>http://www.rolleifilm.com/main.php?p=p
>http://www.rollei-metric.com/index.php?id=12&page=home&lang=en
>http://www.rollei.com/

Sure, anything that makes money, as long as the bod^Wbrand is still warm.
That's the new economy.

>BTW, the Rollei cameras factory in Braunschweig and its photographic
>products is the true Rollei for most of us.-

Amen, brother.

        hauke