[rollei_list] Re: TLR crank "corks"

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:24:13 +0100

Allan,

From just casually looking at mine, I would think they are small pieces of
leather...

John

On 12/08/2010 03:18, "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On a Rollei TLR, where the winding crank is hinged, there are two small pieces
of plastic or phenolic or something that press against the crank handle hinge
and prevent it from flopping around. There is a spring washer underneath them
to apply this pressure. When I disassembled my Rolleiwide these “corks” as
Rollei called them, fell to pieces. They are approximately .024 inch thick and
are dark brown. On my 3.5F they are light brown. Does anyone know of a suitable
material or replacement for these?

Allan