[rollei_list] Re: Subject: Mountains, Yahoo, darkroom, Florida

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 08:05:30 +0000 (GMT)

I look at sites like Flikr or PBase and get swamped in images, and I end up getting a kind of creative claustrophobia, that is a sense that there in no role for the outstanding image because there are so many out there and that the age of the great photographers is dead.
Then I see Sanders work and it tells me, once more, that great photographers are few and far between, and that I am privileged to see the work of one of them.
Thanks Sanders, don't stop shooting!
All the best
Laurence Cuffe

On May 04, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sanders,
Are you using Tri-X now for your portrait work? I seem to remember
you using Neopan 400 but maybe I got it wrong, and that film has been
discontinued.
Any suggestions on a good film-developer combination?
Did they make the Ilfospeed head for several different enlargers?

Great work BTW - subversive or not. Hope you figure out the film /
print and other gear storage issue in the tropical climate down there.
Jan