[rollei_list] Re: Sort of OT: Jobo ATL-1500 listing...

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:09:13 -0500

Austin

Yes, I was wondering what the resale value was - seems high to me, but then JOBO is no longer making this and as the auctioneer said, this may be a good investment with film processing getting harder to find.

I've a big darkroom sink w/temp control valve to keep chemistry warm and the usual array of drums and roller agitators. Of course I've got to be there to keep an eye on the clock, pour, dump, etc. But, then I am not a pro. You liked yours, was the $2,000 worth it?

Rob

On Mar 2, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Austin Franklin wrote:

Hi Rob,

Wow! They certainly have maintained their resale value! I paid $2000 for a used one in mint condition, with a few more accessories (two water heaters, and more reels/tanks, battery back-up) about a decade ago. There is no
other unit really like the 1500 (or the 1000) for film processing.

So much for film being dead... ;-)

Regards,

Austin