[rollei_list] Re: SL66 & focussing screens

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 08:53:38 -0300

Jan:
         I bought a Ground Glass screen for the SL66; it's the old
discussion about focusing screens: brightness vs ease (or precision)
of focus.
This is a comparison with photographs and a thread about focusing
screens, including the Maxwell HI-LUX:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142212

I always read threads about focusing screens in Internet forums, while
several users are glad with brighter screens, others return to the
original darker screens; photographers mainly dedicated to portraits
with analog cameras prefer the GG screen in general.