[rollei_list] SL66 Distagon at f32 and 3.5F Planar

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 22:07:29 -0300

f64 is one of the smallest f stop for LF lenses and it was the name
for an artistic group founded in 1932 by Ansel Adams, Paul Strand,
Edward Weston, Imogen Cunnigham, Williard Van Dike, Henry Swift and
Sonya Noskowiak among others significant photographers; large DOF,
realism for composition and process, image zones exposure control were
some of this group artistic features, there was  a group sharing some
similar features called "the new objectivity" in Germany.

Regular lenses for 35mm and MF don't reach f64, a few of them can
reach f 32 and this is an f/stop seen more rarely used than f22 or
f64; the Zeiss Distagon 4/80 for the Rolleiflex SL66 is provided with
f32 and I took this image using this aperture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/4930541720/

A new promenade stretch in my city was opened a few weeks ago, it
allows to get city perspectives unavailable before except from a boat
in the river (3.5F Planar, TXP 220 iso 320 in Microdol X):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/4913733579/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/4920815780/