[rollei_list] Re: Rolleinar Parallax Compensation

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:25:46 -0400

Hi Bob-

As you allude to, the labeling the correction from the rolleinar as
parallax compensation is a misnomer. It is an attempt to correct for
framing errors between viewing and taking lenses. But as you correctly
state, the only way to compensate for the difference in perspective
between taking and viewing lenses is to move the one to the position
of the other.

Generally this is not necessary when shooting at 3 meters or more, but
I have experienced perspective problems using all three Rolleinars
because of this inherent issue. The closer you shoot, the greater the
chance perspective differences will cause problems.

Eric Goldstein