[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex clones Koni Omega lenses

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:44:03 +0100

On 6 Oct 2009, at 01:39, Peter K. wrote:

They are actually the same lens. The 60 was originally made by Konica, the 58mm same factory but they changed ownership from Konica to Mamiya and Mamiya also opted to change the name from Hexanon to Omegon and 60mm to 58mm. It is a Schneider Super-Angulon clone. An excellent WA that is on par with many modern optics. As good as the new Schneider on the Rolleiwide and better than the DIstagon on the old Rolleiwide.

So I also believed, but I found this on the Koni omega discussion board that I mentioned in my previous post.

But the interesting thing is that the M manual lists the 60mm Hexanon
>>as having a 6 element 4 group lens, while the 100/200 manual lists the
>>58mm Omegon as having an 8 element 4 group lens.  The diagrams of the
>>two lenses bear this out; the Hexanon is symmetrical, or nearly so,
>>while the Omegon has visible differences between the rear group and
>>the front group.  They also list the angle of view as changing from
>>60 degrees 20 minutes to 61 degrees even.
I had previously thought that there was some obscure marketing reason for the different designations I'm now looking for more information.
All the best
LArry Cuffe