[rollei_list] Re: Rolleicord V for sale

  • From: TrueBadger@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:19:37 EDT

This camera was listed on Ebay as Rolleicord IV,  but turned out to be a V.
In fairness to the seller, it did have an instruction booklet for a IV with
it, and that's probably what he thought he had.  Personally I don't care for
the
EV arrangement used on the V, and want to find it a good home.
Mechanically and optically this camera is in excellent condition.  Both
taking and viewing lens are clear and free of scratches, blemishes or "cleaning
marks" (whatever the heck those might be.)  Shutter works and sounds right at
all
speeds.  Film advance works properly and spaces the frames correctly.
Self-timer even works.
I did not open the camera, but by illuminating the ground glass with a
flashlight, it appears that the mirror is in good condition, bright and with no
flaking.

Cosmetically the camera is as follows:  General condition of leather,
excellent.  Bright metal parts free of corrosion and look clean.  I note the
following signs of wear to finish:

Some paint wear along front edges of main camera body on sides. Both left and
right.

Rear film door has paint scraped from edges on both sides (pretty common on
these cameras)

Number "6000" is scratched into paint on lower lip of film door on the right
(film winding) side.

Small "ding" or "nick" to the top ear of the external bayonet of the VIEWING
lens.  as far as I can tell, this would not prevent the use of any accessory,
since viewing lens accessories fix to the internal bayonet.

"Zeiss bumps" present .. mostly on the left (focusing knob side).

If anyone is interested, price is $80 plus $12 postage to any of the lower 48
states.

Contact me off list with any questions.

G. King