[rollei_list] Rollei graduated filter (sky filter)

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:05:39 +0000 (GMT)

Yesterday I received a nice present, a friend of mine
sent me his Rollei graduated filter, a rare accesory
that F&H manufactured for the 28,5mm lens hood from
1935 to June 1941, but only from 1951 to 1953 for the
bayonet lens hoods. It has excellent condition, the
glass is like new and the set is within its original
leather case.
The glass -a thick glass- has two equal parts, one is
a yellow filter and the other one does not have
color,the glass can slide along its support and then
you can use the yellow part for the sky only avoiding
to correct the exposure and maintaining a "normal"
contrast for the other subject areas.
This kind of filters need to work distant regarding
the lens and then it's necessary to insert its support
in the lens hood; you can select the necessary filter
yellow area for the frame putting the lens hood with
the filter in the viewing lens and afterwards on the
taking lens.
I had never seen this filter on eBay till today, it
has not bids due to the price, but it's other
graduated filter in good condition, look for the item:

7624887081

All the best

Correo Yahoo!