[rollei_list] Re: Rollei color conversion filters

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 00:14:36 -0400

That's how I learned.
I used Velvia.
At the same time, I also learned how to meter flash.
Chromes are good because they show you what you did. You don't have someone printing it for you and development should be pretty good.
As I got more experienced I learned who did a better job developing.
There was a professional car photographr nearby who did highend work.
He had his own lab to develop his chromes and to make it pay for itself, he developed others' films as well. There were other professional labs nearby, but his worked to a higher standard and happened to be closer.

Doug