[rollei_list] Re: Rollei SLX and Astro Stereo Glass Plate Club

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:41:19 +0100

I have seen a 'cut film adapter for the SLX/6000' on eBay. Item No.
360131751379

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&ite
m=360131751379#ht_1405wt_1167

However, although it has the Rolleiflex slides, the camera back does not
look right in that the top and bottom fixings should be in the same plane,
whereas in this one, the the bottom 'hinge' connection would be closer to
the lens than the top 'catch' lock. I am not aware that Rollei made such a
fitting........ Any ideas Carlos?

If this was a 'genuine' working example, it would be possible to use it for
the xAct cameras too.

I have a cut film adapter for my SL66, which takes the Rollei slides and I
have yet to use it but I have been following the thread for TLRs & cut
film/plates with interest. What does appeal to me also is being able to use
the screen to view compositions that use the full capabilities of the SL66
to check depth of field etc. The viewfinder screen is sometimes dark at the
edges which makes it difficult to check. A 'roving' magnifier on the ground
glass might give a clearer view.

John