[rollei_list] Re: Rollei B&W filters blog

  • From: hari ho <hariho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 02:06:54 +1000

Just so I understand it better, how does the Rollei TLR infra-red filter compensate for the IR focus shift?

On 29/07/2011, at 9:07 PM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

Taking as reference the opaque Hoya R72 IR filter that allows to pass
dark red and infrared above 720nm, the Rollei Infra-red filter allows
to pass dark red and infrared rays above 700nm, it would be a R70
filter, close to the Hoya and then you can take your films exposures
with this Hoya R72 as basis, f.e.Aura rate at 1/1.5 ISO, Aperture
f/16,  1 - 8 seconds exposure (suggested in the Freestyle website).
Rollei TLR infra-red filters have the advantage they already are
compensated for the focus shift in IR photography, I forgot to mention
it in my blog.-

Carlos

2011/7/29 hari ho <hariho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Thank you for the information Carlos. I have a Rollei RIII Infrarot filter (extremely dark red, much darker than R25) that I'll be using with Efke
IR820 and Efke IR820 Aura film.  I do know that exposure and filter
compensation for this is very much trial and error. However, does anyone have data or experience as to where I should begin in terms of bracketing my
exposures?  Thanks.

Hari

On 29/07/2011, at 1:28 PM, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

I have uploaded to one of my blogs some Rollei B&W filters tables,
Rollei Red and Orange filters instructions in several languages, a
photograph with filters samples and some comments, the images are
thumbnails and it's necessary to click on them:

http://dobleobjetivo.blogspot.com/2011/07/rollei-b-filters.html

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the
subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org

subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org