[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S and Lumix LX7

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 11:14:07 +0100

Carlos, your hand held Rollei film photo is great. I like the small area of red
light on the right which is balanced by the large area of dim green light on
the left. For 1/15 second at 2.8, there is no noticeable movement. The
graininess of the image suits the image well. Some may criticise the exposure
but I think that gives atmosphere.

You use your Lumix for different photos. It would be interesting to see how the
Lumix compares to the Rollei for the same shot. From the images you have
posted, I think the Lumix photos are too ‘clean’, exposure, colour balance and
depth of field. The Rollei ones have more ‘feel’ and character to them.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy looking at your photos.

John

On 24/05/2015 11:49, "CarlosMFreaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The lighting conditions were very difficult for this shot, it was taken at
1/15sec, f2,8, camera hand-held (Rollei 35S):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17379484263/in/dateposted-public/

In the other hand, it was a nice, sunny day when I took this image (Lumix LX7):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17822499278/in/dateposted-public/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/17822499278/in/dateposted-public/>