[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 meter battery - px625??

  • From: "R.C.Booth" <rcbooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:07:43 -0400

Hold on a minute, Marc: if we are talking "Rollei 35" as in the neat little pocket sized camera, then we shouldn't be talking PX625 sized batteries! The full size Rollei 35mm cameras do use PX625's (except for the electronic variant) and do have a bridge circuit and can use 625 size silver oxide or alkaline batteries.

I've stacked four of the smaller size batteries in my Rollei 35S and concur that the meter error was small enough to be not a worry. I forget which ones I used - some are thicker than others - so some experimentation may be required. I made a shim by folding a small piesce of brass shim stock in two and it had enough "spring" to provide good electrical contact between the last battery and the terminal.

RCB