[rollei_list] Re: Retina Camera Lenses

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:39:14 -0400

At 12:33 PM 10/25/2009, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>2009/10/25 Marc James Small
>"... Anything you want to know about the early Everest
>> expeditions?  I'm part of the colloquy on the study of these -- even got
>> mentioned in the Expedition Report for the '99 climb which found Captain
>> Mallory's body.
>>
>> Marc
>
>Thank you Marc, the colloquy sounds very interesting; it would be very
>good if the Vest- Pocket Kodak camera appears in spite of the time
>from the photographs were taken, perhaps the images could be developed
>with success yet.

Kodak has promised to develop any film we find. But the others have given up. I think their conclusions -- that Irvine's body fell to the Rongbuk Glacier -- are wrong. I am the fellow who established the connection between these cameras and Zeiss, incidentally. Zeiss was on Everest in 1924. Leica didn't get there for sixty more years.

The two VP Kodaks are with Irvine's body and are still on the North Slope waiting to be found. Just an informed decision: I'm not going to go up to search!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!