[rollei_list] Re: ROllei X Act 2

  • From: "Mark A. Kay, M.D., Ph.D." <markay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:18:12 -0700

There is one cavet that i really want to bring to everyone's attention. While the X Act 2 is compatible with many of these Rollei components, their use is not cheap by any means. For example, I was going to set up film use while i decided what I was going to do on the digital end. I found a used 4560 magazine film back for about 450 dollars. However, I did not realize that you need a very expensive adapter. I do not remember the exact cost but it was almost 2K. You also need expensive adapters to use the ROllei 6000 lenses. If you already have those lenses, then it may be worthwhile. Finally, if you are going to use a digital back, it is recommended to get a sliding back. It is not necessary but unless you plan to tether or focus and then replace the focusing screen with the digital back, a sliding back is really a necessity. There are several options and these run 2500 to 3K. Mark

Hi Neil:
           The X Act1 and X Act2 cameras are a very
flexible modular studio camera system, they can use
film or digital backs, 6000 series lenses and
aceesories or large format lenses with Rollei
electronic shutter sizes 0 and 1, these cameras main
features are:
First portable medium-format monorail camera with
optical bench
Unlimited perspective and focus correction
Compatible with Rollei 6000 lenses
Compatible with digital back or type 4560 magazine
with motorised film transport
Compatible with large-format size 0 and 1 lenses via
Rollei Electronic Shutter
Setting of aperture and shutter speed through
LensControl unit
Specifications
Length: 365 mm
Width: 185 mm
Height: 235 mm
Weight 4.3 kg, plus lens and back
Effective bellows extension 59-194 mm measured from
flange focal length to film plane
Focusing with two self-locking precision drives each
with 67.5 mm travel, Vernier reading with an accuracy
of 0.05 mm
Horizontal/vertical displacement on lens standard and
rear standard: +/- 15 mm, self-locking with 0.25°
reading accuracy, precision drive, positionally
constant axis point
Horizontal tilt range of both standards: +/- 15°,
self-locking with 0.25° reading accuracy, precision
drive, positionally constant axis point
Vertical swing range on lens standard and rear
standard: +/- 15° with 0.5° reading accuracy.

You can see some details about the large format
Rodenstock and Schneider lenses and required Rollei
shutter size that this camera can use here:
http://www.rollei.de/cct/files/rollei/data/ACF874B.pdf

All the best
Carlos

--- Neil Gould <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

 Hi Carlos,

 Recently, you wrote:

 > From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 > The large format lenses with Rollei Electronic
 Shutter
 > sizes 0 and 1 are more difficult to find, I have
 seen
 > some Schneider lenses using these shutters; anyway
 you
 > can buy new Rollei electronic shutter 0 and 1 for
 the
 > X Act 2 camera from B&H New York, they are
 accepting
 > orders about them, they also have Schneider lenses
 > with these shutters.-

 Can you tell me more about the need for "large
 format lenses" with this
 camera? I thought it was basically a <= 6x6 cm
 format camera with
 movements.

 Neil Gould
 --------------------------------------
       Terra Tu - www.terratu.com
       Technical Graphics & Media

 - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 with 'subscribe'
 in the subject field OR by logging into
 www.freelists.org

 with
 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
 into www.freelists.org

Horóscopos, Salud y belleza, Chistes, Consejos de amor:
el contenido más divertido para tu celular está en Yahoo! Móvil.
Obtenelo en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar

Mark A. Kay MD, PhD
Professor
Dennis Farrey Family Professor