[rollei_list] Re: Pentax ME/MX compared to Leica M - fine points (zero Rollei content)

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 12:36:23 -0500

Hi Jerry:

I made it quite clear that I didn't think I was making an "equal"
comparison, by stating in my next paragraph that this was an "unfair
comparison".  Of course it's silly to compare an SLR to a RF unless you
assume that some features' advantages, like the SLR TTL viewing, make
up for other disadvantages like the low speed and so-so quality of the
2.8/40 mm Pentax SMC-M lens.

As an aside, the classical training of many on this list is not
completely waisted on me (even though I only attended a "mathematisch-
naturwissenschaftliches Gymnasium").  Anyone else noticed Marc's
correct plural of the Zeiss Icarex recently: "Icarices".  I stand in
awe.
;-) Jan

======
On Saturday, April 2, 2005: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote