[rollei_list] Re: PAW week 39

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:55:16 +0100

Thanks Michiel
It was the dust-spotting I was patrticularly interested in - my 'darkroom'
is not a 'clean-room'.  But I'm getting a little better.
I only recently discovered the USM formula you refer to (on
www.luminous-landscapes.com) and yes it really is the business!
Chat

On 10/16/06, Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx wrote: > I rather like a lot of these. Fantastically clean (B&W) scans too - > whats your magic recipe for this !? > Chat > http://www.flickr.com/photos/chatanooga/ > Hi Chat, No magic really. MF I scan on an Epson 4990 and 35mm on a Minolta 5400 both on highest resolution. Then basic curves and level and some dust spotting. Most of the times I do an unsharp maks with the amount low and the radius high. This can give a very nice effect. Then downscaling and normal unsharpmasking. That's it.

Cheers,
Michiel Fokkema