[rollei_list] Re: OT perhaps: Kodak motion picture film for still cameras

  • From: Phil Forrest <photo.forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:09:56 -0500

The film is thick not unlike the layer on kodachrome that needs to be
chemically scrubbed off. While it's cheap per-frame the process will
probably be more expensive than C41 and that's the only place you can
get it done, I assume. These are usually processed by 400 or 1000ft
lengths, not 5.5ft ones, so running the chemistry in anything other
than a Jobo I think would be cost prohibitive.
It's a fine film though. Makes wonderful movies and still prints from
it would be quite sharp. You will be limited to a more narrow range of
exposure though and may have to correct for tungsten.
Good luck!

Phil Forrest