[rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6 ... first 6x6 camera

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:16:11 -0300 (ART)

Richard, according some sources about photography
history, the first camera to use the format 2-1/4 x 2
1/4 (6x6cm) was the first Kodak Brownie model 1 in
1900 with the also new 117 Kodak film.
In 1901 the Kodak Brownie 2 used a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4
format with the also new 120 film format, in fact
these films, cameras and formats started the MF
photography:
http://www.photographyhistory.com/cc2.html

The author, David Silver, belongs to the International
Photographic Historical Organization and wrote several
articles about old cameras.

All the best
Carlos

--- Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

>      I have a list of cameras made by Eastman Kodak
> which
> shows dates and film type. The earliest mention of
> 120 film
> is for an Autographic Jr. camera made in 1914.
> Unfortunately
> the list does not show formats so I can't tell from
> it when
> 2-1/4 x 2-1/4 started. It would be interesting to
> know but I
> don't know of a source for the information. In any
> case, as
> I said before, I think the location of the red
> window on the
> Super Ikonta has nothing to do with the number of
> frames it
> counts.
>      Your remarks about Zeiss-Ikon are an important
> reminder
> that the two were associated but not the same
> company.
> However, Zeiss-Ikon also had a reputation for
> quality, even
> their box cameras were special.
>
> ---
> Richard Knoppow
> Los Angeles, CA, USA
> dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/