[rollei_list] Re: OT - RE: Zeiss Ikoflex TLR metering

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:53:18 EST

Austin,
I believe you are correct.  The scale reads from 2-16 which I've  always
assumed were EV's but today, comparing them to EV  readings using a Gossen
Digipro
I realize what you are speaking of  with regards to transferring the number
to the ASA/ISO scale on the focus  knob.  The meter in the 1C is still
reasonably accurate despite being a  fifty year old selenium cell.  'Course the
cell
in my "newer" Rollei  2.8F is just about as good.  Can't speak of the Favorit
as I've  never lovingly handled one.
Appreciate the correction, need an owners manual...  in English with  extra
large type.
(^:
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 2/22/2008 11:12:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi  Choiliefan,

> Zeiss Ikoflex 1C is a very elegant design similar to  the Favorit
> with meter
> and folding shutter release.   Dates to the late '50's.   Meter
> needle reads in
> EV  scale on the
> groundglass in viewfinder.

I think the meter gives  you simply a "light" number, not an EV, since the
meter doesn't factor  ISO/ASA into what it gives you.  You have to enter that
"light" number  in the scale that is in the focusing knob to add in the
ISO/ASA you set on  that knob, to get the EV.  I know that's true on the
Favorit models I  have, this one is a bit  different.

Regards,

Austin

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)