[rollei_list] Re: OT: Old British Currency!

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 03:47:41 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 Jul, 2010,at 06:52 PM, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Marc,

I believe I have most of those, except a guinea, which I believe
never existed in currency or coinage. Only in the prices quoted for
fine English guns or Rolls Royces.

Jerry

And of course Horses, and horse racing prizes.
The coin does exist, though, as shown here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_%28British_coin%29
All the best
Laurence cuffe