[rollei_list] Re: OT Estate Tax (was Re: Copyright Law)

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:09:28 -0500

At 11:02 PM 12/2/2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>Marc, do check the limits you posted... they are incorrect. And there
>is no such thing as a "death Tax;" that's a political contrivance and
>hogwash.

Eric

Another poster has noted the proper limits. For the discussion of this thread, approximate limits are fine. Austin was indicating that there are no limits at all, and you properly dissented. I was simply attempting to agree with you. Pray, do not snap at those supporting your position!

The term "death tax" is well established at law as an alternate to the much newer "estate tax". It was, in fact the proper term well past World War I, when the term was changed to "estate tax", but the older usage certainly remains in use. It was the name for the Virginia tax abolished in the later 1980's.

Are you denying that there is a cap on estate taxes? Are you denying that there is a difference between State and Federal estate laws? Are you denying that estates pay income taxes on monies earned prior to final probate of an estate? Speak up, sir!

At the very least, I do know how to spell "tax"!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!