[rollei_list] Re: OT: Do you know?

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 20:16:06 -0500

I've been watching the press coverage in Washington this week and most all of the photographers use what looks like a 35mm SLR on Steroids. Any idea what those camera are?
The high end digital SLR cameras are huge. I remember thinking the same thing when I was at outdoor event covered by the Boston Globe and the staff photog brought out his kit. Bigger than my 2.8C for sure, but something only to use or be impressed with, hardly something to love.

Finally, I just broke out my Olympus E-Volt 500 and started using it. Excellent camera and excellent lens designs. The four-thirds system is a very solid concept, and with the lenses which provide normal incidence rays all over the sensor, (Kodak). Look up Telecrntric.
Leica makes a very well reviewed lens for the Panasonic Lumix that is 4/3 system. It should fit your Olympus. Aren't all 4/3 system cameras with the same lens mount. I wonder if some adapter is available to let you use M mount lenses on 4/3 cameras.

Elias