[rollei_list] Re: New, TTL Flash for Rollei FX

  • From: william schillereff <pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:17:10 -0800

I need some help if I may.  The instruction book for the FX recommends on
line of flashes which will work with the TTL metering system of the FX,
the SCA #%^ adaptor and a line of Metz Flashes The SCA 300 system.  I have
a Vivitar 283 which works well as an auto strobe but not with the TTL
function.  I have the Nikon 800 SB for my Nikon DSLR.  While the Rollei FX
will not file the 283 from the flash hotshot it will fire the SB 800 from
the shoe.  The shoe and the pins on the SB 800 are similar in that they
have a grouping of three connectors, yet the SB 800 has a total of four.

When I use the SB 800 results are sporadic as demonstrated by  negative
density.  My questions are how does one know if another system such as the
 SB 800 will work with the FX.  Is or has something been been written?
Second: I can find the SCA Adaptor for Rollei on Ebay for $$$ but I have
no idea exactly witch Metz Flashes will work with the recommended adaptor.
 Are there others witch will work with  FX as fully TTL?

Any help will be good and appreciated.

Bill