[rollei_list] Re: [Link] Russia in color, a century ago

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 19:20:32 -0300

This is a very interesting link about earlier colour photography, it
contains the letters Prokudin- Gorskii sent to Leon Tolstoy asking him
to take  a colour portrait and describing his method; there are
photographs and comments about Dr. Miethe camera and Prokudin-Gorskii
studies with him, a bigger Tolstoy portrait is almost at the end of
the page:
http://www.utoronto.ca/tolstoy/colorportrait.htm

Carlos