[rollei_list] Life after Windows 10

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 11:54:46 -0500

Carlos wrote:

I'm using Windows 10 from July, 29th, it's a 7 and 8.1 versions mix and looks good. I did not wait for the notification about the availability, I looked for it from the little application Windows Upgrade installed on my 7 version and it was available. It took about 90 minutes to install the new version; the installer kept all my files and software, even the desk configuration and they are working fine, including VueScan and the original Epson software for the v700.

And Richard Wrote:

I am also running Windows 10 64 bit version in a small Acer laptop. So far it works fine but I have mostly new programs this machine except for Photoshop 7. I did the same as you Carlos; I reserved an upgrade and downloaded it almost as soon as it was available. Also installed fairly quickly and fairly painlessly.

I realize this is not a Windows group but I have to comment just a bit, O.K.? I think many of us are facing the same problem

I wonder, since the white window icon program says that my computer and applications are O.K., do I have to worry about saving everything first?

I guess you would say no.

I keep getting a pop-up saying that Windows 10 will come some time soon. . . . . .

I have another problem caused by the Microsoft switch from SkyDrive to OneDrive. OneDrive works fine and I can take my annual trip to San Diego and then put up a few hundred pictures on OneDrive for them to download or just view.

When I do a full system backup, however, it says one file was not found, a SkyDrive file. Looking in Regedit I can find the words SkyDrive and OneDrive in multiple locations. Doing a search on the problem returns no specific answers. I'm not about to edit the registry now, used to but no longer want to risk it.

DAW