[rollei_list] Re: Large enlargements

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:37:39 -0500

I won't comment on your lab, but do want to let folks in the Northeast
US know about an impressive exhibit of very large scale color
photographs:

http://mfa.org/exhibitions/sub.asp?key=15&subkey=2138

The technical and artistic achievement of this body work is notable;
all done analog. There are also a couple of gallery talks scheduled
for June from this artist, who teaches at thew Mass College of Art.
Recommended.

Eric Goldstein

On 5/18/06, Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Noting that there has recently been a lot of postings about enlargers, etc., I'm reminded of an experience I had a while back.

 Not having done any color enlargements since high school (55 years back,
type C perhaps, also dye transfer), I have been sending my 2 1/4
transparencies to a commercial lab for 16X20 and 20X24 enlargements.

 With the 20X24 prints I often get back a 4X5 inter-negative or
transparency.

 The shops say this is necessary for best quality.

 I think I know the reason why, but would be interested in comments from
folks who know about such things.

DAW