[rollei_list] Re: "La Dolce Vita" Rolleiflex Paparazzi

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:56:31 -0700 (PDT)

In La dolce vita  (the sweet life) Federico Fellini shows in part the way
media can affect people life. The real photographer Tazio Secchiaroli inspired
Fellini for the photographer Paparazzo in the film, Paparazzo, plural
Paparazzi, "a freelance photographer who doggedly pursues celebrities to take
candid pictures for sale to magazines and newspapers"; Fellini took the name
from an Italian dialect word for a particularly noisy, buzzing mosquito.
The true Tazio Secchiaroli used a Rolleiflex like the Rolleiflex used by
Paparazzo in La dolce vita, the journalist character by Mastroianni also used a
Rolleiflex sometimes in the film. There are three or four scennes where
journalists groups appear several of them using Rolleiflex, BTW it was not the
only camera used by the photojournalists by that time or in the
film. I have La dolce vita original and complete version in video tape, however
not here at the city, it is at the farm, Isaw the film twice or three times.

Carlos

--- El jue 18-jun-09, Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx> escribió:

>  A friend of mine is wishing to go to
> a fancy dress event as a "paparazzi", and has
> asked me to supply the cameras.
> As the original paparazzi was the photographer in the
> Felini film "La Dolce Vita"
> I'm interested in knowing what cameras were used in the
> film. The film came out
> in 1960, and I cant get my hand on a copy in the short time
> available. However,
> I do have some memories of seeing a Rollei in there and
> also some graphic style
> press cameras.
> If any one has better information, I would appreciate
> it.  I've googled images from
> the film but so far they have been of little help.
> All the best
> Larry Cuffe

> with 'subscribe'

> with
> 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

¡Viví la mejor experiencia en la web!
Descargá gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=ar