[rollei_list] Re: Jerry Lehrer: I am baffled

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:05:44 -0400

At 11:38 AM 5/29/2008, Robert Lilley wrote:
>I actually received a notice stating I was now 1A sent to me while in
>Vietnam.  I remember sending the notice back with "come get me" scribbled on
>it.  This was even after I informed my local draft board I was enlisting.

My father was medically retired from the Army in 1944. Six months later, while he was a student at Penn, he received an order from a Philadelphia Draft Board to report for a physical. He had to go to the Board and show them his medical retirement papers to earn a Draft exemption.

Alles was ist nicht pfllichte, ist verboten, as they used to say back in the old country, about the time my German kin decided it was time to head for the High Sierras.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!