[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Film Spacing was Fuji/Bessa folder rangefinder.

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:20:51 -0400

At 09:45 AM 4/9/2009, Jan Decher wrote:

The negative overlap is the achilles heal of the more advanced Super Ikontas with todays films. Here is what Henry Scherer wrote to me after he had done a full overhaul of my Synchro Compur BX (1 1/2 year wait!):

Jan

This is yet another example of Henry's bloviating. There just is no film spacing issue with Super Ikontas. Our own Austin Franklin is one of the more experienced students of the breed, and we have a number of others over on the Zeiss Ikon Collectors' Group, and nary a discussion on film spacing have we had in over a decade of fairly intensive discussions about Super Ikontas over there.

For that matter, I own two Prewar Super Ikonta B's which I regularly shoot with modern emulsions and with chromes. Never had a spacing problem of any kind.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!