[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Books

  • From: Per Einar Forberg <forberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:37:32 +0200

I have not followed this thread, but the word Ikonta caught my eye.

I've got the Super Ikonta Guide, and it's a part of a series called "The camera guide" by Focal Press.

The Super Ikonta Guide looks like this: http://www.forberg.org/SuperIkontaguide.jpg (I've actually scanned the frontpage of all my photobooks for use with Delicious Library at my mac.)

The ones I've got are the Contax guide, Super Ikonta Guide (and Inkonta M), Contaflex guide, Rolleiflex & Rolleicord guide, and a Rolleiflex guide.

As I don't have the time to read up on the Rollei List at the moment, please email me if I can assist anyone with information from the Ikonta book.

Per Einar Forberg

(forberg@xxxxxxxxx)

Den 14. april. 2009 kl. 15.19 skrev Jan Decher:

Marc et al.

A quick search turned up only these two booklet-type Ikonta references:

Croeber, Cristof. 1939. Wie - mit der Super-Ikonta. [How - with the Super Ikonta]. Buchreihe Cameradienst, Heft 6. Knapp Verlag, Halle. 57 pages

Emanuel, W. D. 1960 (10th edition). Ikonta & Super-Ikonta Guide. Focal Press. 72 pages

I have some very well illustrated pre-war German sales brochures ("Freude am Leben mit einer Camera von Zeiss Ikon".... perhaps some unintended sarcasm there in 1940...) which I can scan in part and put on my camera blog. More soon.

Jan