[rollei_list] Re: Flash Bulbs

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 14:13:19 -0600

At 09:31 AM 12/9/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Hello all - it has been slow and quiet. Must be the rush to finish
everything before the year ends.
We're still running holiday cards for various clients at work, so
it's not over till it's over for me!

I'm expecting a 22.5 Volt Battery in the mail next week, and I'm going to try using the flash bulbs with my Rollei. Any advice?

Thanks,

Elias

If you are using the Rollei-flash, expect that continued use will burn the edge of the grey (or white) ring that sits next to the base of the bulb. I bought a replacement to bring my unit back up to like-new condition. You can get one from our member in Canada.

Also, it's nice that the unit takes two sizes of bulb bases.

DAW

P.S. This is not Friday, but I have a spare size III holder for the Rollei-Flash. I used to have a 2.8C with flash but when I changed to a 3.5F I bought another adapter. Interesting is that one is black and the other is brown. Still packed up from our move from La Jolla to Oklahoma.

Don Williams
909 Kelsi Drive
Moore, OK 73160-0703
405-735-9905