[rollei_list] Re: Filter holder systems

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 18:42:29 EDT

Thor,
I've been using large "P" and the smaller Cokin adapters and filters  on
various Lenses up to 82mm diameter, stacking as many as three  filters without
vignetting.
Have had some problems with errant light reflecting off the back  of a filter
and onto the film.  The Cokin lens shade  doesn't surround the filter well
enough to seal or shield  as a conventional screw on filter and hood would.
Generally, the Cokin system works well and the graduated ND  and polarizers
are priced right and easy to use but are far from perfect  for every lighting
situation.
I have a Bay III adapter and use the Cokin on my 2.8F TLR as  well.
Hope this helps a bit...
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 5/4/2008 5:28:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tlegvold@xxxxxxx writes:

There  appear to be several companies selling filter holders (i.e. a
set of  slots to mount on the lens to accept 100mm  filters).

Lee
Hi-Tech
Tiffen
Cokin
others

Maybe even  Rollei makes something like this, I don't know.

What I'd like to know,  is what people finds works well with the
system 6000, for outdoor  use (landscape, cityscape, etc), with both
Bay VI, 77mm (40/3.5 S-A)  and 95mm (90/4 APO-Symmar).

I expect to use primarily graduated  filters, perhaps a B&W color
filter once in a while, nothing  more.

Cheers,
Thor

favorites at AOL Food.