[rollei_list] FS: Nikon items

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:29:13 -0500

Nikon FM2 body, used and looks it, but all functions are up to specs. Eyepiece ring in place. Black finish, showing some brass. Solid, reliable performer; $100.

Note on the FM2: that's the model with a 1/200 sec. top flash shutter speed, but my sample synchs just fine at 1/250. When I asked a Nikon guy how this can be he simply replied "Some do." Long story as to how this came to be will be tendered to whomever contacts me off list, if requested.

Nikkor 35 mm f2 AI, also well used but glass clear, focusing smoothly and stopping down smartly. Sharpness varied somewhat from one sample to another, this is a good one. In an informal comparison once with lenses owned by some friends, it outperformed (slightly) a 35 mm Summicron of 60s vintage. Includes lens hood and caps; $75.

Nikkor 300 mm f4.5 AI. excellent optical and mechanical condition, IMHO best constructed of all the Nikkor 300 mm lenses. Like the 35 mm, there were sample variations and this one is pretty good. Under field conditions it has been a match for an ED version by f8, and quite serviceable wide open, although not the equal of later models. It is, however, much less expensive. $175 includes front and rear caps, also a like new Galen Rowell lens case.

Delivery cost will be based on actual expense, reasonable trial period with money back guarantee. Photos of this equipment can be provided upon off list request.

Allen Zak