[rollei_list] Re: FS: 14 SEP 2012

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:16:18 -0400

At 07:00 PM 9/14/2012, Peter Mattei wrote:
Marc, Could you provide for us more detail re: "bitsy lens" from Zeiss-land? Inquiring minds want to know. TIA

> And there is this -- I do also have a bitsy lens
> from the Zeiss Lens Collection but that one will
> go only to the first person to offer me
> $10,000.00 US, in gold preferred <he grins>

Carl Zeiss Jena Nr. 238645 1::8,4 f=9,5cm

The Zeiss Lens Collection were a series of experimental or benchmark lenses maintained by CZJ between the wars. The maximum size of the Collection was around 2,000 but about 500 were cannibalized during the War. After the War, Ed Kaprelian located the lenses and their documentation. The collection was sold through Porter's in the 1950's. Not many of these lenses are still known to exist.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!