[rollei_list] Re: F&H GmbH Newsletter, good news !

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:08:46 -0700

Manny,

I do believe that there are a helluva lot of photographers besides me, that use H'blads
for portraits.  I refuse to believe that I am the only one.

Jerry

Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx wrote:
The new F&H Newsletter... http://www.franke-heidecke.net/files/quadr1-engl.pdf

Excellent news, "no news=good news" as fas as F&H is concerned, I
disagree, and I wish that the mere existence of this newsletter means
that F&H are going well.

I quote this item in the list of benefits of using the 4,0 FT :
"Neither mirror bounce, nor mirror noise"

Well, let me guess, who in the world actually uses a SLR with a noisy
flipping mirror to do portrait ? I have really no idea ;-)
Photographers who would DARE to use a SLR for portraiture ! I thought
that all portraits were made either with a compur-equiped view camera
like Yusuf Karsh or with a Rollei 6x6 tlr fitted with a Rolleikin !

---

And the 1-st issue of "Quadrat" does not tell use THE technical secret
that every rolleiphile wants to know: how did they manage to improve
the focusing distance of the 4,0FT down to 1.5 metre ? ;-);-)