[rollei_list] Re: Durst and Older Omega Enlargers

  • From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 07:13:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I think the enlarger Ed is writing about is a Kodak Precision Enlarger, which
came with interchangable 4 X 5 diffusion and 35 mm--2-1/4 X  3-1/4 condenser
heads. I used one for a number of years with the smaller head, but have
replaced it with an Omega B-8 which I prefer. Still, the Kodak is a good
enlarger whose only faults are long exposure times (even with a 150 W #212
bulb) and the tendency of the  upright  pole to interfere with the easel  on
larger prints. I keep mine to use (with a full set of condensers and excellent
Kodak Projection Ektar lenses) in the unlikely even that I ever buy a summer
house.

Bob Marvin

Ed Meyers wrote:
When I was a student at RIT, the enlarger supplied was a Kodak 4 x 5 diffusion
type. It had a glass carrier to hold negatives flat and a fan to cool it off.
the fan was turned off during exposures. I bought an identical enlarger at a
flea market in NY and discovered that it covers slightly larger than 4 x 5.
This made it more usable for my panoramic negatives. My RIT experiences were 50
yea

-----