[rollei_list] Re: Do You?

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 23:17:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----

   Curiously enough there were also amber bulbs. The blue ones were to match
daylight color film, about 5500K but clear bulbs were too blue for tungsten
color, maybe 4500K, so there were also amber lamps for film balanced for 3200K
or maybe it was 3400K.
   Press photographers commonly used clear bulbs and orthochromatic film. The
ortho tended to reproduce skin texture and some other details better than pan
film with the flat lighting from flash-on-the-camera and the high level of red
output from the bulbs. Except for cheesecake newspapers wanted _details_ not
flattering pictures because the printing was not very good to begin with.
     I suppose if you licked enough flashbulb bases you could get lead
poisoning from the solder.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx