[rollei_list] Re: Die Quadratur des Kreises....

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:14:36 -0300 (ART)

Thank you Eric, it's good to know Urs Bernhard belongs
to the Rollei Gallery at Flickr, in general I look for
photographs there and I rarely read the topics in
discussion.
I have discovered thanks to Urs comment that Komishi
is Clarice&Simon at Flickr, Clarice -Mamiko Konishi-
is one of my first contacts at Flickr, she wrote a
good comment about one of my photographs and
vice-versa and we became contacts, she is a very
active photographer posting several photographs per
week and moderating Flickr groups, she does not use
digital cameras, she uses Holgas, Mamiya, Rolleiflex
and others TLR and SLR cameras, I'm a bit surprised
about the photographs selected for the magazine, I
have seen better photographs in her "photostream",
anyway they are representative about part of her work.
This is Mamiko's (Clarice&Simon) gallery at flickr
(you can see one of the magazine photographs like set
cover)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clarice_e_simon/

BTW the image quality is better at Flickr than in the
PDF magazine.-

Carlos
--- Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> An interesting and thoughtful reply. I completely
> agree... I don't
> have to like all the works I'm exposed to in a
> magazine such as this
> to find it interesting and valuable. And I certainly
> don't need to see
> shooting styles traditional to a film format to
> enjoy the exposure to
> a body of work.
>
> Urs Bernhard, who is one of the principals of this
> publication, is a
> member of our Rollei Gallery at Flickr. He posted a
> link to this a
> couple of weeks ago... you can send your thoughts on
> this effort to
> him directly there...
>
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/rolleiusersgroup
>

> Eric Goldstein
>

> > From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >

> > I understand your point Jan and in fact I also
> prefer
> >
> > Fritz Henle (writing an example), however I find
> >
> > interesting to see different point of views about
> >
> > photography and other arts even if I dislike them,
> >
> > think F&H magazine took a right decision showing
> >
> > different photography styles, the number 1 was
> >
> > dedicated in part to classical B&W portraiture.
> >
> > I disliked Mamiko Konishi work completely, anyway
> it
> >
> > was interesting to know her work, I liked some
> >
> > Toshihiro Oshima photographs.
> >

> > Carlos

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/