[rollei_list] Color Ultron AR 1.4/55 Made in Germany?

  • From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:59:36 +0000

I am really wondering where this lens comes from.

All the lenses available are in the Mamiya type Rolleinar design.
They look like the other Mamiya lenses for Rolleinar or Voigtländer.
Most of them are marked Made in Japan.

I have one marked Made in Germany which is very rare.
However, the lens housing anyway looks like any other Mamiya stuff.

So I am wondering where the Made in Germany comes from

Anyway, the mechanics of the Mamiya Rolleinar lenses is clearly superior to the
mechanics of the  Zeiss lenses 1.8/50, 1.4/50, 2,8/80, 2.8/135 etc.

Dirk

Regards

Dirk