[rollei_list] Re: Cartier-Bresson Feature on BBC Radio-7

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:43:53 +0100

Maybe its well known but  I just discovered that HCB delivered this riposte
to a Rollei user (Doisneau) in this exchange:
....*When I first came to Paris, I had the nerve to show him some of my
Rolleiflex photos. He exclaimed that if God had wanted us to photograph with
a 2 1/4 by 2 1/4 camera, he would have put eyes on our bellies. So I bought
a Leica *...............

On 1/22/07, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     BBC Radio-7 has a feature on Cartier Bresson. Its at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7   Click on "Listen Again" then
go to "Thursday". The program is called _Centurians_.
     I disagree with some of the comments made on the
program but its certainly worth listening to.
     Somehow, the BBC has lost the documentation associated
with the program so there is no record of who is heard
interviewed, nor are they identified during the program.

     All of the programs on Radio-7 are older programs from
other BBC domestic services. They will play fine on a fast
dial-up.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA