[rollei_list] Re: "Bob and Peter" (TAN)

  • From: Steve Hanges <s76640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:05:29 -0500

Guys,

We're getting way off-topic here, but let me say that I'm Greek-American
and have studied Russian, and the sentiments that you (Jerry) refer to and
the Greek one are similar only in telling someone to get lost.  The Russian
phrase is much stronger (in this case only, since Greeks have an even
stronger way to express it) and the milder Greek phrase is something you
hear frequently here in the US.

Anyone desiring more detail can contact me backchannel.

Steve

P.S.  Please note that I've taken Austin's name off of the subject
line.  De mortuis nil nisi bonum.