[rollei_list] Re: Big Noise From Winnetka

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:11:45 -0400

Marc -

We selected Freelists.org specifically to address the privacy needs of
our members. At the time Yahoo lists was the flavor of the month, and
there were (and still are) pronounced privacy problems/issues there
which members balked at, so we did not go there. Facebook had been
notorious for it's privacy failures, which have been widely reported.
I would be interested in knowing if this is still a concern to our
membership; I would think it would and should be.

While I use Facebook for professional reasons, I severely limit
restrict my privacy settings. However I am very much at the whim of a
privately held commercial company which could easily remove my ability
to control these settings/options at Facebook. It has happened with
them before.

I hope others will join in a discussion and let us hear their thoughts on this.

Eric Goldstein
Co-Moderator