[rollei_list] Re: Back to DVD Life

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 09:05:04 -0700

But they also have upload service where you can print your images and pick
them up locally at a costco store nearby. They have the top of the line
Noritsu processors and their online service can also make use of ICC
profiles. I know a number of photogs who use this service (pros too) as you
can have your own copyright on the photos as well. And of course, it is very
inexpensive.

Peter K

On 5/14/06, Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just happened to be scanning (glancing through) the current CostCo magazine, and found the following statement on their Photo Processing Page:

"Costco's Gold CD-R should keep your photos safe for 300 years, while
other CD-Rs may start to deteriorate in as little as two years".

I'm not making any comment or drawing a conclusion, just reporting what
they say.

I believe that when you have color negatives developed and printed at
CostCo, a Gold CD-R costs an extra $2.95 and includes photo editing and
management software.

On line they also offer a service where you can upload pictures for
printing, and also upload pictures for transfer to a "Gold CD-R".  I've used
the service and did see the software on it.

Their on-line service is provided by SnapFish.  When you order processing,
you can select Kodak and get overnight service, as compared to the half-hour
in-store processing.  The advantage of Kodak processing is that you get back
a CD with 3 sizes of each image on it.

Not making a recommendation since folks on this list are mostly into MF
film, which doesn't have any general source for instant processing other
than some of the custom labs.

DAW

-- Peter K Ó¿Õ¬